Monday, August 25, 2008

My Second Donor (and crazy teammate)


My second donation comes from my running buddy, Turk! Turk completed her first triathlon a couple months ago and mentioned she might be interested in doing a full marathon. Well, once I signed up for Team in Training, I decided to recruit her to join with me via gchat. The conversation started at 1:13pm and by 1:22pm she was ready to sign up. It started like this:

Andrea: did you need something?

Me: do you still want to train for a marathon?

Andrea: maybe a half marathon

baby steps


And within minutes, I had convinced her to do the full marathon! Baby steps, shmaby steps. We just did our first team run together on Saturday and like I said in a previous post, it was a success - meaning she didn't want to kill me after waking up ridiculously early on a Saturday or getting lost several times in that godforsaken state known as Virginia.

So, Turk is my hero. Not only for making a donation but for going through all of this with me, step by step!

1 comment:

Turk said...

Remember, feel free to ditch my ass if I fall behind in the marathon. One of us needs to complete it in under 5.5 hours.